Tuesday, 19 April 2011

You can always rely on a four year old to say it how it is..

I often sit here at night and return to the days conversations with Maisy, I find it most fascinating how young children just 'come out and say it' there is no beating around the bush or sugar coating it just plain and simple honesty, here are some examples of Maisy's best quotes;

  • Mummy why do 'your' boobies face down?
  • Mummy your legs are fat (whilst I'm trying to get dressed)
  • Mummy that man looks like a pig! (addmittedly he did look like he had walked off the set of the league of gentlemen, but still the pointing of the finger was a bit much)
  • A conversation with the 'Tesco checkout lady'  checkout lady "oh what lovely hair" Me "ahh thank you, she gets that from her daddy"!  Maisy "Mummy! no, daddys got bald hair"!
  • Upon meeting her brother for the first time, Maisy enters the room to see me holding Ollie, "wheres his mummy gone?" looking very concerned that I seem to be holding someones new born baby.
  • Maisy "Mummy we don't want a new baby because I like Ollie" (I think Maisy believes that if we were ever to have a new baby that it means its a replacement not a new addition!) we corrected her obviously!
  • Maisy "Mummy why is that ladies tummy big?", Me "because she has a baby in her tummy darling", "Mummy, does that man have a baby in his tummy?" (Me, trying to hold in the chuckle! and quickly evacuate Superdrug) "no darling, he doesn't"
  • "Daddy, go and put your bald head in the washing up bowl!" (an apparent insult whilst not wanting to eat dinner)
  • 5th of November Bonfire night; "mummy is the sky going to break now"?
  • "Mummy I had a dream that Ollie (little brother) touched the oven and turned into a pea, and then you cooked him!" oh dear psychoanalyse that one!
  • "Mummy did it hurt when you had a baby, did you cry".... ummmm let me think.....
There are so many more but that's a few to keep you going!

Night night x

No comments:

Post a Comment