Sunday, 17 April 2011

In the beginning..

I suppose this would be a good place to start, the birth of Maisy and the start of my stressful, joyful and shall we say eventful journey of motherhood. 

After a pretty 'text-book' labour whereby my waters had broken on the due date before the contractions had started, the first comment made by my midwife once Maisy had arrived was...
"ooh look a ginger nut"

There it started; the feelings of wanting to protect and therefor potentially 'beat' any other person who threatened the happiness of our newly emerged sprog.  I mean; what a thing to say, I was however expecting a little hint of redness as an email with the mother-in-law had previously stated;

"I wonder if he or she will be ginger"

After reading this comment I turned to Mike and asked why would our baby be ginger? After that moment I asked to see all his baby pictures at once, obviously his parents living on the other side of the world, and Mike being the 'third' child (which apparently meant a loss of interest in documenting every first step or word) made this very difficult. Although I managed to see two photos which confirmed that in fact 'ginger', 'red' 'auburn'; was in fact 'in the picture'.

Well Our beautiful baby girl had arrived, I on the other hand looked obese, swollen, spotty and resembled a mutated hamster. But hey I had an excuse right?

And this is where my journey of motherhood started, ahead of me now would be everything mummy, goodbye Carrie..... (I was glad though and happy)

No comments:

Post a Comment